1. Do you do anything to countdown to the day?
I have a Milkybar chocolate advent calender which always brightens up my day, as well as this year participating in Blogmas! I also attend church, so the weekly lighting of the advent candles is a nice way to countdown to the day.
2. When do you put up your Christmas tree and/or other decorations?
We normally put up the tree after the first weekend in December, and then we decorate it whenever the whole family is together.
3. What goes on top of your tree?
An Angel, I don’t know where we got her from but she is beautiful and has a crimson dress with gold piping and gold wings.
4. What do you eat for your Christmas meal and when do you eat it?
So, for Christmas breakfast we have scrambled eggs with bits of pan crisped ham, sticky buns and orange juice. For Christmas dinner we have tenderloin (ugh yasssss), mashed garlic potatoes, oven roasted green beans and for dessert we have a ‘mud pie’ which is peppermint stick ice cream with an oreo crumb crust and hot fudge sauce.
5. Do you have any meal time traditions (eg. crackers, playing a game etc.)
At the end of Christmas dinner we give each other one last gift, and it’s always a book.
6. Do you leave anything out for Santa? If so what?
Yes!! Shortbread cookies and a small glass of milk (and some carrots and celery sticks for the reindeer).
7. When do you open your gifts?
We open our stockings first thing in the morning, and then after we have breakfast we open presents one by one, and this process can take until 5pm!
8. What’s on top of your Christmas list?
I don’t really have a Christmas list, but I always love getting nice socks and new books.
9. Do you go to any Christmas services? Religious or otherwise?
Our Church does a 7.30pm and an 11pm service and I love going to those, the 7.30pm one because everyone goes then and we sing all of the classic Christmas songs and the 11pm one because it has this heartbreaking beautiful quiet that goes along with it, its simple and a perfect way to transition into Christmas day.
10. What is your favorite Christmas film?
This one is easy, A Muppets Christmas Carol.
11. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Most of my Christmases have been white, I live where snow is a regular occurence in December.
12. What is your favorite Christmas song?
It’s a tie between “All I Want For Christmas is You,” “Silent Night” and “The First Noel”
13. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
One, it’s our tradition to open one present after Christmas Eve dinner.
14. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
FIRST THINGS FIRST IT’S THE RULLEST
15. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
Peppermint Hot Chocolate- literally if I could sit in a bathtub of peppermint cocoa I would without second thought. I think I either buy one or make one every day after Thanksgiving.
16. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I like giving gifts, I like putting time and effort into getting gifts for people and wrapping them. Whenever I get a gift I don’t really know what to do with my body, I should probably work on that.
17. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Edinburgh, that city in the winter is my favorite place. It’s my favorite place in general but with the German Christmas Markets and beautiful lights and general holly jolly spirit it’s pretty much the most magical place in the world.
18. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
PRO-MUTHAHTRUCKIN’-WRAPPER. I go all out with my wrapping, this year I bought brown wrapping paper and I’m going to illustrate it myself.
19. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I used to but I think they’re kinda pointless. I understand the concept but I never seem to keep them if I make them. I tend to just make resolutions during the year.
20. Peeking at gifts or be surprised?
Surprised! Although I am super guilty of tag reading, but I don’t think that counts as peeking…
21. Do You Like To Stay in Your PJs Or Dress Up For Christmas?
PJs ALL day, like I measure the success of my Christmas by how long I can stay in my PJs. For Christmas dinner however we all get dressed up to the nines, but then pretty much immediately after we are done cleaning up its back into PJs.
These questions were pieced together from a bunch of different Christmas Q&As, feel free to answer down below in the comments! I know it’s a switch up from the usual kind of post, but I thought it might be fun to try something like this!