This palette has been causing lots of discussion in the beauty community, and now that I have got my hands on one I can understand why! Anastasia Beverly Hills has really outdone themselves this time. This beauty mega brand is most known for their amazing products for eyebrows, so this palette is a welcome addition to their empire.
Let’s start with the packaging, its soft. IT’S SOFT YA’LL. It has this beautiful dusty pink velvet esq case, unnnhnnff, I love holding it. However if you are a person who is put off by certain textures (specifically ones that are similar to velvet) then maybe rethink purchasing this palette. The Modern Renaissance also comes with a dual end eyeshadow brush and built-in mirror, these are really wonderful because when traveling it’s a luxury to not have to worry about whether or not I’ll have access to a mirror or having to pack another brush.
When you open up the palette 14 beautiful shadows that range from warm pinks, reds, and browns, to shimmery neutrals and ochre colors. I actually think this palette might be universally flattering… These shadows are as soft and velvety as the packaging, and while being beautifully pigmented they also blend like a dream.
It wouldn’t be a review post if I didn’t show off some swatches! These were a blast to make and it was fun to see how easily these applied and how beautiful they were. Ugh, I might be in love.
- Tempera: beige with an ultra-matte finish
- Golden Ochre: earthy yellow with an ultra-matte finish
- Vermeer: iridescent shell with a metallic finish
- Buon Fresco: antique lavender with an ultra-matte finish
- Antique Bronze: metallic sable with a satin finish
- Love Letter: raspberry with an ultra-matte finish (possibly my favorite one of the whole bunch!)
- Cyprus Umber: dark coffee with an ultra-matte finish
- Raw Sienna: neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish
- Burnt Orange: deep orange with an ultra-matte finish
- Primavera: shimmery gold with an ultra-matte finish
- Red Ochre: sienna with an ultra-matte finish
- Venetian Red: crimson with an ultra-matte finish
- Warm Taupe: earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish
- Realgar: brick with an ultra-matte finish
This palette costs $42.00, and i.m.h.o it’s worth EVERY penny- but then again I am a self-confessed make up addict…. But having said that this palette could create a stunning day look as well as a head turning night look. 15/10 would recommend.